Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Writing Prompt: Brooke.

I love blog surfing. I've read quite a few blogs in my day. You know before the Pinterest era? When you had to google craft ideas? Yes? Or maybe that was just me..

Recently I stumbled upon Little Miss Momma's blog. Love it. It's one of those blogs that has the perfect mixture of "real life" and craftiness. I mean what could be better than that? It's basically all you'd ever need under one URL. She inspired me to start my own blog. So if you haven't read her blog, I highly recommend it!

Last week LMM gave her readers a writing prompt. A blog post about your best friend.


This is Brooke.


My best friend/cousin.
From the moment we met we were best friends.
We just click. 
Who else would I have played babies with until I was 12? Okay maybe 13..or 14. 
{Shush! It was just preparing us for our futures!}



She's the kinda person that stays up late just to make sure she's the first one to tell you happy birthday. 
Who sends you a "Happy Mother's Day" text even though you're not a mother. 
Who listens to your life.
And who can make practically any situation funny.





A while back we did, or we attempted, to do the Best Friend Tag
FAIL.
But one of the questions was "Describe each other in one word."
I had a hard time with this one.
Trying to describe someone in one word is tough. 
Especially someone like Brooke. 
But I think I finally found a word.
Genuine.

She means what she says.
She doesn't try to be someone else.
She's just Brooke. 
And I admire that.


She's more than my cousin.
She's my best friend.
She knows me.
She makes me step out of my box.
And for that I will always be grateful. 



And with all that said I'll end the this blog with Brooke's motto: 
 "Go with the flow and YOLO"


No comments:

Post a Comment